Saturday, October 30, 2010

My first novel length story - A Eragon fan-fiction

The real Author Christopher Paolini
I have been waiting for the arrival of the last book - Book No.4 - of the inheritance cycle for the past 1 year or so. I haven't been a good waiter. I wanted to read it as soon as I finished the third book of the series, - Brisingr - but it wasn't possible as the book wasn't released yet. By May 2010, I had finished my college and had about 7-8 months of free time of which 6 months are now over. These past six months I read various Inheritance Cycle fan-fictions, followed Shurtugal.com avidly, rummaged fan arts of Inheritance Cycle, read and contributed to discussion boards. All these made me write some blog posts about the Eragon 'world'. They can be found in these addresses - Defending the Inheritance Cycle, Explaining Arya, Fan-arts inspired by Inheritance cycle, Fanfiction and the pain it put me through & Why I love Eragon-Arya pairing. I also reread the three released books atleast 7-8 times. Even after all these my wait (and free time) isn't over. My joining date at TCS is December 15, 2010. I had started developing a story line for the Book IV of the Inheritance Cycle just days before I got my joining date. Now I have nearly finalised the story line and so I was thinking maybe I could make a fan-fiction out of it. Hence I will be posting a fan-fiction on this blog from tomorrow. The only major problem I have with the story now is that I don't have a name for the story. Hope I will come up with a nice name within tomorrow. A prospective title that I am considering is "For Alagaesia".

The story starts with the capture of a spy of the Varden by Galbatorix..........  LINK TO STORY

Yours, Lone Voyager.

No comments:

Post a Comment